Sunday, 14 October 2012

The Market of Don Quixote (2012)

Each year, in Alcalá de Henares (Madrid - Spain), the city where the famous writer Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra was born (author of "Don Qixote"), people organizes a medieval fair in his honour. It usually starts in October 9th, the day when the writer was baptised.

During a week, there are a lot of people dressed with medieval clothes, shops with artesian products, street actors, etc. All this is "The Week of Cervantes", and the neuralgic center is called "The Market of Don Quixote".


Below I'm going to show to you some of my pictures of The Market of Don Quixote 2012.











You can view the complete gallery clicking here.

4 comments:

  1. Terrific set, I especially liked the third image. Like a glimpse into history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!

      Yes, it's a travel to the past. I like very much this event :).

      Delete
  2. I like the pictures, they look like some I put in my blog on a medieval fair.
    A greeting.
    Juan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juan! I like medieval fairs very much. I think they're very good places for photographers :)!

      I've visited your blog. It's cool! I like your macro-photographies. Maybe you would like my other blog, about wildlife, "La Ventana Salvaje".

      Greetings!

      Delete

Do you like these pictures? Do you want share your point of view about this post? Would you like ask me anything? Please, comment :)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...