Tuesday, 28 August 2012

The Four Towers

Today I had have to go to Madrid. I'm enjoying my summer holidays and go to "the capital" is not my preferred plan. However, Madrid is a big city with a lot of thing to see.


I've decided visit "The Four Towers". Spain is not a country with large skyscrapers, but these are the four buildings tallest in this country (with about 250m and between 45 and 60 floors).
 












They are located in an area called "Four Towers Business Area" (or "Cuatro Torres Business Area", in Spanglish), in one of the most important streets in Madrid, "El Paseo de la Castellana". The square stones are an ornament of the "CTBA".

Near there you can view the older KIO towers (also called "Gate of Europe"). The Four Towers were finished in 2008, but KIO towers were constructed from 1989 to 1996. They are two inclined symmetric towers with a height of 114 m and 26 floors.







As "bonus track", I show you below an old picture of the four towers taken by my in Alcalá de Henares, the city where I'm living, at 30 Km.


"From Madrid to the sky" is usually said here. I suppose it would be through these buildings :).


----------
 You can buy prints and other related products in my deviantART.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like these pictures? Do you want share your point of view about this post? Would you like ask me anything? Please, comment :)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...