Saturday, 23 June 2012

Changes in my photography gear

Recently, I've made some important buys related with my photography gear. I've been using the Nikon D3000 for the last two years and half. That camera is the lowest model of Nikon's reflex cameras. I liked it, but the sensor could be much better.

Nikon D3000, my first reflex camera

Now I've bought a Nikon D7000, the highest model of non-professional cameras of Nikon and the difference is notable. The sensor is CMOS instead CCD and its response to high ISOs is much better than the response of the Nikon D3000's sensor.

Nikon D7000, my second reflex camera

Another great difference is the "Live View". With the Nikon D7000 you can view directly how the picture is going to appear at real time. You view it in a big screen, with digital zoom, so you can use it for put the image in focus correctly. It's very very useful for macrophotography. If the subject doesn't move, you can focus it with "Live View" in a very precise way.

Asílido
One of my first macro-pictures with the Nikon D7000 (using "Live View" for focus)

The continuous shooting is also very interesting. The Nikon D7000 can shoot at 6 pictures by second during a few seconds (it saves them temporally in a internal memory with capacity for nine pictures at the best quality). The Nikon D3000 (with SDHC cards of "class 6") only could shoot five pictures at a velocity much lower than the Nikon D7000.

The Nikon D7000 has 16,2 Mpx (the Nikon D3000 had only 10,2 Mpx). In a SDHC card of 8Gb you can save approximately 300 pictures at the best quality (larger size RAW and JPEG "FINE").

You can use lenses without CPU in the manual mode. For these gadgets you can configure the Nikon D7000 for recognize nine lenses in a manual way (introducing the focal and the maximum aperture).

My new Samyang 85mm f/1.4 Aspherical IF

I've also bought a new lens, a Samyang 85mm f/1.4 Aspherical IF. This lens is perfect for portraits. Its depth of field can be minimum. This effect isolates the main subject versus the background in a very nice way.

A "stolen portrait" with the new lens (85mm, f/2, 1/250s, ISO 200)

Another "stolen portrait" with the new lens (85mm, f/2, 1/200s, ISO 400, with integrated flash)

I hope increase my photographic abilities with this new stuff. In the same way that  the Tamron 70-300mm introduced me in the world of the wild photography, maybe the Samyang 85mm will introduce me in the world of the portrait and fashion photography.

With a more powerful machine as the Nikon D7000 the possibilities are multiplied.

New sessions with the new gear soon :)!

------------------
Note: You can consult my gear in Geavity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like these pictures? Do you want share your point of view about this post? Would you like ask me anything? Please, comment :)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...